Spin VFX is looking to grow it’s Animation Department! Are you an experienced Animator looking for the next step in your career? Do you want to work on high profile feature films and television shows? Are you an accomplished artist looking to join an award-winning team? If so – let’s chat.
- Work under the direction of the Animation Supervisor and Leads.
- Responsible for animating of a series of shots on a specific project.
- Creating movement of characters and creatures in service to the stories.
- Participate as a team member by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Keyframe animate cinematic performance of characters, creatures and vehicles.
- Clean up motion capture data and seamlessly add additional animation keyframe.
- Establish and maintain scene continuity across animated objects or characters
- Design full CG camera with cinematic performance.
- Listen to, and implement the creative vision of the Animation Director, Leads and VFX Supervisor.
- Operate and offer accurate timelines to support project deadlines.
- Evaluate and dissect rigs to offer feedback in order to accomplish the intended performance.
Our Successful Animators Have:
- Have 3 years or more of relevant professional VFX or animation experience creating convincing performance.
- Knowledge of Linux and thorough knowledge of Maya.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and find reference material to be used in the animation process.
- Maintain a clean working file.
- A strong ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas.
- The ability to take direction and find creative solutions during the creative process.
- An understanding of the VFX and animation pipeline.
- Previs experience
- Experience working with motion capture in an animated production
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter, resume and demo reel. Be sure to include “Animator” in the subject line.
SPIN’s roots trace back to creative and technological innovations that are now standard in visual effects facilities around the globe.
SPIN Founder and CEO Nigel McGrath co-founded Alias Research in 1984, creator of Maya, later acquired by Autodesk; and in 1987 Side Effects Productions the production arm that supported the initial R&D of software giant, Side Effects Software, the creators of Houdini.
President and Partner, Neishaw Ali, a Queens MBA graduate has over 25 years in the film and television industry and over 70 features and 13 television series under her belt. In 1992, Neishaw was instrumental in rebranding Side Effects Productions as SPIN, successfully blending the science of business and creativity.
SPIN VFX has evolved into an internationally recognized Visual Effects studio, working with respected Directors, VFX Supervisors and Producers. With television credits that include the Emmy award-winning series Game of Thrones (HBO), Neil Jordan’s thrice Emmy nominated The Borgias (Showtime), and film credits such as Bill Condon’s The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part One & Two (Summit/Lionsgate), M. Night Shyamalan’s After Earth (Columbia Pictures), Mans Marlind’s Underworld: Awakening (Screen Gems), and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (20th Century Fox) from Timur Bekmambetov.
The studio is currently in production on Ericson Core's Point Break (Alcon Entertainment) action adventure remake for Warner Bros., the next young adult science fiction novel adaptation to hit the big screen The 5th Wave (Columbia Pictures), as well as the the highly anticipated sci-fi television series The Expanse (SyFy) and Tim Kring’s Heroes Reborn (NBC). Recently, the team delivered work on the third season of the Emmy nominated renaissance masterpiece Da Vinci’s Demons (Starz) and Tom McCarthy’s expose that is garnering Oscar buzz, Spotlight (Open Road Films).
SPIN VFX delivers on vision.
see us at SPINVFX.COM
SPIN is located in Toronto with sales and support in Los Angeles.
For over 27 years SPIN has been offering a range of creative services in the areas of:
On-Set and in Studio
On-Set Production Services
Location Capture &
3D Body Scanning
Concept & Visualization
Pitch, Pre, Post
Creature and Character
Massive /Crowd Duplication
Matte Painting / Environments
2D and 3D