Gutsy Animations is looking for Animatic Directors to join our team for the 4th season of its award-winning animated series Moominvalley. The primary role of the Animatic Director is working with the Series Director to deliver the creative visions for the series. You will be involved in pre-production stages, working closely with in-house departments and also with our external animation partner, as well as liaising closely with the Series Director.
- Briefing a team of storyboard artists on each sequence for an episode, with support from the story coordinator to ensure storyboarding is completed on time.
- Working alongside the editor to develop the creative decisions on storytelling, style and pace of the episodes to help translate the Series Director's vision and narrative accurately to the screen.
- Reviewing the scripts, preparing briefs for the episodes with clear location and asset requirements in mind, with support from the art department.
- Reviewing and sharing feedback with the storyboard team throughout the animatic process.
- Completing a layout brief for our external animation partner, detailing key action, directions and camera moves per shot.
Skills and experience:
- Knowledge of a CG series workflow and pipeline
- Shotgun knowledge would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience in developing animatics to deliver on a Director’s vision
- Positive attitude and team player
- Experience in a similar role on CG series essential
- Experience and knowledge of character animation and storytelling
- Excellent communicator
Location: Bristol, UK or Helsinki, Finland. We are happy to discuss hybrid or remote working.
Full Time: 37.5 hours per week
Start Date: November/December 2022
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter.