3d Generalist (Blender / Environment Artist)
Looking for a well-rounded and ambitious creative to join our team at MAERE STUDIOS. We are currently in production on numerous high-level feature films and are expanding our boutique team to include new artists and minds.
The job will require a strong understanding of all 3d and asset creation basics as we are primarily a studio focusing on digital environments; all processes from asset creation, layout, to final rendering will be needed.
- Advanced proficiency in Blender (modeling, rigging, lighting, and texturing)
- Advanced proficiency in Photoshop with an excellent understanding of matte painting, projection, and the fundamentals of look dev.
- Advanced proficiency in Substance Painter.
- Fundamentals in fine art, a strong passion for light and color, composition, and overall design aesthetics. Strong emphasis on architecture and mixing real-world references with established designs.
- Excellent communication skills as the job will require direct interface between supervisors and directors.
- Concept-Art understanding is an additional bonus.
- Houdini and FX Sim experience is another additional bonus, along with Clarisse and World Creator.