3D Environment Generalist
Our Mattescape Studios team is looking for a 3D Environment Generalist to expand our Kalmar-based boutique studio, the right person needs to be highly motivated and proactive, as well as having a strong passion for CG Environments and 3D in general.
Organized and professional, you will join a studio that has worked on multiple award-winning TV shows for networks such as Netflix, Amazon, Apple and Syfy, as well as TV adverts... just to mention a few.
The right person would have a good understanding of Environment creation, and tackling tasks such as asset creation, surfacing, set-dressing, and lighting. Good knowledge in at least one of the following: Maya, Houdini, and or Blender.
What will you do?
- Create photo realistic backgrounds and environments to match the overall look and feel of the sequence
- Performing tasks such as set-dressing, asset creation, and assembly of live action and 3D elements
- Assists with troubleshooting the components created
- Work to meet defined milestones within a timeline
- Develop solutions and techniques that meet art/technical direction
- Contribute to the visual and technical attributes of the production
- Specific duties to be determined on a project by project basis
What we are looking for?
- High level of problem solving or creative thinking skills
- Skilled in creating photo-real images using photo reference to create the highest quality digital set extensions, elements, and environments
- Good working knowledge of Maya, Houdini, Blender or similar.
- We are particulary interested in artists with Houdini skills.
- Knowledge in both hard surface and organic modelling would be a plus
- Fluent experience with Arnold or similar ray trace renderer
- Good working knowledge of specialist tools and plugins like Zbrush, Speedtree, etc
- Texture skills would match this competence level, i.e. able to create maps in Substance suite and set up basic shaders for look development using Arnold
- Relocation Assistance
To apply, please email your showreel and cover letter to our recruitment email.
This is a 3rd party job — you can send your CV via Zerply or apply directly here.