3D Environment Artist
Senior 3D Environment Artist
Plastic Wax is a family owned multi-platform studio that derives its success from combining expertise, innovation and cutting-edge creativity in animation, motion capture, in-engine technology, virtual reality and game development.
We offer clients a full range of directorial and production services in both pre-rendered and real-time in-engine productions for animated series and features, cinematic game trailers and virtual reality productions.
We have built an international reputation for creating award-winning, cinematic content for partners such as Warner Bros., Marvel, Disney, Sony, Nickelodeon, HBO, Microsoft, Netflix, NBCUniversal and Fortnite.
- Permanent Contract Opportunity
- Hybrid Work Model
- Employee Wellbeing Programs
Based in Rhodes, Sydney and reporting to the studios Head of Assets, you will be responsible for bringing scenes to life to meet the director's overall vision.
* We are also open to international applicants for short freelance contracts.
Additionally you will:
- Work with the Head of Assets to understand and interpret design requirements
- Support the overall vision of the project while taking ownership of environments/props as assigned
- Model and Texture environment elements to create photo real or stylised work
- Show initiative, push ideas and innovate within your role
- Mentor less experienced artists where needed
What we are looking for
- Highly experienced working on feature films, AAA+ game titles, tv series and/or tvc’s creating photo-real or stylised finished work
- Expert using Z-Brush, Photoshop, 3DSMax and/or Maya (Redshift)
- Proven 3D modelling expertise in both organic and hard surface matter
- Expert knowledge of composition, colour theory, lighting, and procedurally generated content
- Expert understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modelling
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to evaluate time requirements
- Strong Problem Solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Due to the nature of the industry and role, the ideal candidate must be flexible in their availability as extended hours and weekend work may be required from time to time.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in Australia.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in being considered for the role, please submit your application via Zerply.
If you have issues applying via this method please email your application to: email@example.com
Please ensure you advise the following:
- showreel/portfolio link
- salary expectations or day rate in AUD or USD
- current location
- right to work in Australia/Visa Status and any relevant information
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Plastic Wax is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
2021 Winner AEAF- BRONZE for Game Trailers
2020 Winner AEAF- GOLD for Game Trailers
2019 Winner AEAF- SILVER for Game Trailers
2019 Winner IGN Awards – Best Trailer of E3
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – GOLD
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – SILVER
2019 Finalist PromaxGAMES Awards
Based in Sydney, Australia and established in 1997; Plastic Wax has produced a wide range of award winning trailers for games, television and film. Some notable works include; Bioshock Infinite, Saints Row 3, Darksiders 2, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Tomb Raider, Civilization V, Fallout: New Vegas and Lego Marvel Super Heroes.
The company boasts a state of the art 24 camera Vicon MX40 in house motion capture system, and a 500 machine dedicated render farm.
Plastic Wax has seen considerable growth over the past decade and is now considered one of the worlds leading CG trailer and cinematic studios.