3D/CG Layout Artists
This is a fixed-term one-year contract. Ideally, you will be based in Ireland but this role is open to all artists who can work within a 4-hour time difference of the Irish timezone to allow for daily interaction and collaboration with the creative and production teams.
As a Layout Artist here at Giant, you will be responsible for creating sequences of shots that use Maya or other DCC software and traditional filmmaking techniques to visually tell a story in our exciting new production, ensuring the output meets the desired quality, style and quota target set by the studio.
The Layout Artist should actively collaborate with the Lead Layout Artist and the wider team to ensure shot continuity and artistic and technical standards are met throughout the project. By doing so, you will also be oriented on best practices and techniques at all stages of production.
- Work in collaboration with the Lead Layout Artist, CG Supervisor(s), Art director, Layout/Animation Supervisor(s), and Layout department to establish and preserve the visual aesthetic and cinematography of the production
- Translation of Storyboards and Animatics into 3D Layout, including the creation of Proxies, Staging, Blocking, and Camera work to provide a technical setup of shots for downstream departments
- Show active participation in project departmental reviews steered by the Lead Layout Artist, Production, Art Director, and Supervisors
- Understand exactly what a sequence’s creative criteria are and work with your peers to realise and produce shots accordingly
- Adjustment of Cameras at the animation stage where required, ensuring consistent quality, style, and continuity, both visually and technically throughout the project
- Recognise any inefficiencies and collaborate with the Lead Layout Artist, Supervisors, appropriate departments, and managers to address the problems
- Coordinate closely with Production to ensure that all goals/weekly targets are being met and to flag any problems that could delay the schedule
- Support a collaborative and creative environment that produces awesome Giant projects with great teams.
- Demonstrated experience in 3D/CG Animation Production (Series or Feature) as either Previz or Layout Artist
- Open to feedback, notes and adjustments
- Excellent communication, time, and team management skills
- Strong knowledge of Cinematography, Cameras, and Lensing
- Proficient in Maya
- Strong understanding of Shotgrid a plus
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Adept grasp of drawing and visual communication skills
- Solid understanding of Production and Technical resources
We would love to hear from you – Send us an email!
Based in the heart of Dublin City, we’re a team of award winning artists, production managers and technical wizards who are passionate about creating high quality and engaging content the whole world can enjoy.