• Architected a compiler to synthesize a subset of the C language (known as Data Flow C) into the IPFlex DNA reconfigurable fabric using behavioral synthesis techniques
• Wrote most of the compilier myself in C++
• Developed verification testbench
• Managed requirements with the customer
• Wrote Language Reference Manual
November 1997 - April 2003
Mentor Graphics Corp
Supported customers worldwide to deliver enterprise-wide IP Management solutions based on the QuickUse Development System (QDS).
• Managed a team of consultants to develop web-based rapid integration system for Toshiba. Developed and patented a method for packaging and integrating IP modules.
• Engaged again with Toshiba to build an enterprise-wide IP Management infrastructure based on QDS.
• Developed a distributed file versioning system, as part of QDS, that includes an API, command line tool and GUI.
• Developed IP Reuse training class to tea
November 1996 - October 1997
Responsible for development of the PowerPC G4 Performance Model.
• Integrated ongoing design changes to measure performance impact.
• Ported to MacOS to better support Apple engineers
• Supported engineers in Motorola, IBM and Apple
November 1993 - November 1996
Nippon Motorola Ltd.
Managed team of engineers to design and deliver custom microcontrollers for Japanese customers.
• Developed custom microcontroller by integrating customer designed GPS module into 68K based microcontroller, resulting in first pass success.
• Began the introduction of Motorola's ColdFire architecture to design team, which later lead to the development of ColdFire based products in Japan.
Responsibilities: Section manager, technical leader, conducting customer meetings, interfacing with US based teams.
October 1990 - October 1993
Lead system designer on 3120 Neuron Project.
• Wrote detailed function specification for the entire chip.
• Developed design and test methodology for family of products
• Performed system, logic and circuit design for CPU module, including developing microcode assembler.
• Created extensive simulation environment which included a multithreaded hardware stimulus language and compiler.
• Designed Neuron test board and accompanying software for the PC.
July 1986 - September 1990
Played a key role in the specification and system design of a custom MC68CP000 based microprocessor for a Japanese automotive company.
• Wrote device specification, developed microcode, created simulation environment and debugged silicon.
• Met with customer and trained engineers in Japan