• Amusement Park (Feature).
• Paint over CG models and design various background elements and props in Photoshop.
• Texture callouts of realistically painted props.
• Paint color keys over rough models and layouts.
December 2013 - February 2015
Disney ABC Television Group
March 2013 - August 2013
Contract Concept Artist
• Concept artist on Stack Rabbit game.
• Create designs for game landmarks and props.
• Create background layouts and full color rendering.
• Initial character sketches of farm animals.
• Some pre viz and production modeling.
January 2013 - March 2013
Character Vis Dev Painter
Walt Disney Animation Studios
• Character Vis Dev Painter for “Pirates” (Tinkerbell 5).
• Create color keys for five of the main characters.
• Render realistic paintings over character drawings, including ortho and 3/4 views.
• Collect reference images for cloth, hair and surface materials to pass on to texture painters.
• Apply textures to painted characters for texture reference.
December 2011 - December 2012
Visual Development Artist
Creation Studio Productions Limited
• Primary visual development artist for an animated feature.
• Helped establish the overall style of the film with the director and production designer.
• Designed 12+ interior and exterior sets and dozens of props using Maya and Photoshop.
• CG set design to establish layout and architecture of environments.
• Digital paint over CG renders to create lighting and color keys.
• Create texture and model reference pages for overseas studio.
• Responsible for approving and writing notes for CG work from overseas studio.
• Work primarily remotely with the production designer, director and storyboard artist.
May 2007 - May 2008
CG Texture Artist Apprentice
Nickelodeon Animation Studio
• Tak and the Power of Juju, The Penguins of Madagascar, Fanboy
• Painted textures using Photoshop. Textures varied in style from slightly realistic to stylized and painterly. Texture seams were removed using BodyPaint, followed by detailed turnaround renders of each completed character and prop. All rendered was done using Maya Software.
• Created complex shading networks in Maya including hand-painted and procedural. Materials created and edited included various metals, glasses, liquid, ice, plastic and slime. Edited existing shaders to suit the style of a particular show. All shaders were exported and saved in a collaborative shader library which I helped organize and contribute to.
• Textured 100+ props, 20+ characters and sets.
• Worked with Art Director to determine desired aesthetic of textures.
• Organized reference material provided by Dreamworks Animation and helped create model packs for props and characters.
• Worked with CG Supervisors to create optimal UV layouts for dozens of props and characters using Maya’s UV Texture Editor.
• Modeled, lit and composited shots in Maya and After Effects.