I'm a front-end developer/designer hybrid & fascinated with analytics. I enjoy beautiful code, messing around with new technologies & working with Sass, Compass, Haml & a slew of other Ruby based goodies. I also organize https://www.charlotteux.org, https://www.charlottefed.com & https://barcampclt.org/
August 2012 - Present
User Experience Design Lead
Hendrick Automotive Group
Led a cross-discipline team of designers, developers and strategists. Created a design and development process from scratch that was founded on user experience design principles and helped tie in strategy, design and development into an iterative process. As a team we built a handful of utility products to help our team communicate better and increase efficiency. For the company we created task based applications to help make various divisions more productive.
Promoted the use of pre-processors like Sass/Compass, Haml & Markdown and nifty tools like the static site generator Nanoc. Worked on a modular front-end development structure to create reusable, modular widgets that could be used across multiple projects.
After a couple of rounds of layoffs I worked to cut excessive spending online and streamline vendor relationships. Under my direction:
• solutions were built in-house cutting our annual costs by 41%
• through A/B testing online account registrations increased 23.5%, newsletter sign-ups increased 72.8%
• unique visitors increased 13.8%, pageviews increased 34.5%, time on site increased 151.7% and bounce rate decreased 8.2%
• Online sales were increased an average of 200% with a special promotion the month of October 2010 where sales were increased 567%.
As the senior web designer on SceneDaily.com, I worked in an experimental division of the company with a manager and a back-end developer to see how effective and efficient a small, concentrated team could perform. In the two years our team was together we were able to outperform other divisions of the company. In two years we:
• rebranded the divisions media site and migrated over 250,000 pages to a new CMS in just under 3 months.
• developed and designed from scratch e-commerce, classified, video, social network and single sign-on platforms.
Hired as the senior designer at a startup. My main responsibilities were to rebrand the marketing site, create marketing emails, implement analytics tracking with Google Analytics, and provide front-end development for their web application.
One of three member marketing team in a fast-paced environment. Responsible for providing the very best in print and web design. Worked closely with the other members of the marketing team to create high impact marketing campaigns.